WTVM News Leader 9, in Columbus Georgia, seeks a news producer to join our award-winning news team. The News Producer will work closely with news managers, reporters, photographers and anchors to create high-quality broadcasts with integrity and facts.
Duties and responsibilities and duties include, but not limited to:
* Responsible for the content and overall production of the local newscasts
* Oversee all details of the broadcast while working closely with all members of the news team
* Stack the rundown and manage the on-air broadcast from the control room
* Contribute story ideas for the newscast and work closely with reporters to execute those ideas
* Produce news content for all station distribution platforms – broadcast, digital, mobile
* Oversee and write the news briefs and daily promos when needed
* Respond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and getting information on the air
* Must work a flexible schedule when needed to cover other shifts and breaking news
* Field produce stories for the on-air newscast and other news content platforms
* Work cooperatively as a team member under tight deadlines.
* BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
* Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
* Must be willing to work in newsroom
Come join our dynamic team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Bachelors or better in Journalism or related field.