Job Title: Executive Director
Hours: Part-time. Flexible schedule. Estimated 20 hours per month.
Attendance: Attendance at all monthly sessions required. Attendance at all board meetings required.
Reports To: Leadership Lee County Board of Directors
Start Date: June 1, 2019
Under the direction of and reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for planning, execution, and general management of the Leadership Lee County program. The Executive Director is responsible for proposing and advancing actions that maintain the financial stability of Leadership Lee County. The Executive Director provides consistent leadership and overall direction for the organization and works with the Board of Directors on strategies and objectives supporting the goals of the program. The Executive Director serves as the spokesperson representing Leadership Lee County.
The Executive Director must rside in Lee County, Alabama.
Interested indviduals can download an application and the position desrciption at http://www.leadershipleecounty.org/jobs.
For additional information or questions, email Lolly Steiner at firstname.lastname@example.org or Pam Powers-Smith at email@example.com.
- Lead the organization toward making measurable progress for the organization’s mission: The purpose of Leadership Lee County is to identify, develop and inspire future leaders through professional development, educational opportunities and community involvement.
- Coordinate all activities associated with nine (9) monthly full-day class sessions, welcome reception, and graduation to include fundraising, event location, speakers, vendors, transportation, catering, and awards. Provide all class participants, hosts, and vendors with appropriate notifications and reminders.
- Coordinate monthly board meetings, to include preparation and distribution of class surveys, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and any other materials as required. Provide appropriate meeting reminders to attendees.
- Maintain board roster and board terms, and manage annual board election and appointment activities.
- Create and maintain informational marketing materials designed to market the Leadership Lee County program to potential sponsors and strategic partners.
- Maintain social media updates and website management.
- With the oversight of the treasurer, maintain the budget and financial records of the organization.
- Respond to all inquiries for information.
Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three plus (3+) years' experience in event planning, coordinating and facilitating meetings, or associated events.
- Fund raising, communications, public relations, non-profit management or outside sales highly desirable.
- Must be comfortable meeting people, making contacts, and coordinating follow-ups.
- Manage both existing and potential supporters relating to sponsorships, in-kind donations, and scholarships.
- Efficient and effective communication to class members, speakers, and vendors regarding monthly class sessions.
- Ability to comfortably and persuasively represent Leadership Lee County verbally and in written correspondence.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and QuickBooks required.
- Competent in social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Knowledge of website development and management via WordPress highly preferred.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and confidence in dealing with unforeseen or challenging situations.
- Ability to relate to different types of people and situations appropriately.
- Pleasant personality.
- Professional personal appearance with attention to neatness and grooming.
- Good verbal skills and ability to relate to others in a positive manner.
- Must be able to speak clearly and effectively in front of both large and small groups.
- Attention to professional ethics and standards.
- Sense of loyalty and commitment to the organization’s mission, policies and procedures.
- Flexibility and ability to accept and handle changes.
- Efficient and effective with people.