- Manage a VMWARE environment.
- Manage a heterogeneous windows and Linux environment.
- Maintaining and managing network switches.
- Manage Windows, Linux, SQL and iseries servers.
- Establishes and controls system access and security.
- Evaluates network hardware and software requirements and capabilities.
- Check systems in order to optimize performance.
- Negotiates and contracts with consultants, technical personnel and vendors for services and products.
With this position, overtime occurs and some travel will occur. A passport is required.
To apply, email Tanya Speir at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monitor and maintain company hardware and software for: network, on-site pc’s, servers, AS400, phone system, and security system.
- Support user applications with technical and casual resources.
- Support network users with technical and casual resources.
- Insure backups, archival requirements and integrity of all software codes are maintained.
- Monitor available computer products and make recommendations for upgrades with management approval.
- Assist HR with maintaining time/attendance/payroll AS 400 system, photos, badges, bar codes, and incentives.
- Maintaining and supporting QS 9000/TS16949 and has the responsibility and authority to stop a production process that is producing non-conforming product.
- Maintaining and supporting ISO14001 and the company’s environmental, health, and safety programs.
- Aware of the occupational health and safety risks of their job, and how their job affects the environment.
- Ability to perform work while sitting for up to eight (8) hours on a continuous basis.
- Ability to stand, walk or climb stairs a minimum of eight (8) hours on a continuous basis.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on a frequent basis and 60 pounds on an infrequent basis.
- Frequently be able to reach and handle parts.
- Capable of performing a full range of repetitive motion for up to eight (8) hours a day.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Two (2) years MIS/PC network experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to assist multiple network users.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Professional and approachable in manner.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate in a business environment.
- Personal computer and software application operation (AS 400, Microsoft).
- Knowledge of network protocols and services.
- LAN and WAN knowledge.
- Knowledge of programming languages (C++, VBA, JAVA) and T-SQL.
- Isolate, diagnose and fix hardware, network and software problems.