The machining supervisor is in charge of all aspects of the machining department including scheduling, hiring, training, payroll and meeting production needs.
With this position, some traveling will occur. A passport is required.
To apply, email Tanya Speir at email@example.com.
• Ensure that proper machining methods are developed and followed.
• Maintains contact with the “lead” engineer as needed for standardization, new ideas or projects within department.
• Solve machining problems and work towards continuous process improvement.
• Hands-on involvement with tooling, fixtures, new machinery, machine modifications, CNC programs, and continuous improvement projects.
• Closely follow, develop, and maintain machining projects as assigned.
• Assist in all changeovers, samples preparation and keep the equipment running in a safe and quality manner.
• Ensure completion of preventive maintenance tasks after the PM crew has turned the equipment back to manufacturing.
• Performs other duties as directed.
• Payroll submission through Dayforce.
• Assisting with vacation coverage.
• Support production scheduling.
• Training of new associates
• Assisting Human Resources Department with interviewing potential candidates.
• Enforce housekeeping and 5S.
• Enforce discipline.
• Communication with maintenance on service to machining department.
• Maintain output to quality.
• Manage daily machine shop activities.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.