- Responsible for all assembly and automation equipment (assembly fixtures, assembly machines, automation systems and robots, IMM robots) in the plant.
- Getting acquainted with the equipment before it enters the plant- understanding its functions and structure, control logic and programs, specs and expected performance.
- Preparing infrastructure for incoming equipment.
- Receiving new automation equipment into the plant, unpacking and acceptance tests.
- Commissioning the equipment into regular production- setup, run-off, operator training and certification.
- Regular preventive and breakdown maintenance and adjustments.
- Equipment modification and improvement for better performance according to lessons learned during production, with the support of automation team at HQ.
- Designing and building simple End-of-Arm-Tooling for the IMM robots as required.
- Constant communications with HQ automation team for performance feedback, design support and improvement suggestions.
- Programming improvements and touchups for IMM robots and six axis robots as needed (specific training will be provided by Arkal as needed).
- Support in specifying new automation equipment for future projects.
Diploma of a university of applied sciences in a technical specialization, technical master or technical vocational training in automation, mechatronic or comparabl
- At least three (3) years proven experience in installing, supporting and maintaining multi-disciplinary equipment- mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, PLC, sensors.
- Mechanical/control/automation engineer or practical/associate engineer (strong advantage).
- Robot or PLC programming experience (strong advantage).
- CAD software experience (advantage).
- Strong self-learning skills.
- Handy with tools, strong mechanical understanding.
- Ability to train and teach others.
- Fluent in English- reading, writing and conversation.
- Neat and organized.
- Some travel might be required to equipment suppliers