The project manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects. The project manager will be responsible for the interfacing with the customer at the customer sites while working closely with quality and marketing.
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects.
- Follow the NPI (New Product Implementation) work process and participate in the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Define the project tasks and resource requirements.
- Assemble and coordinate with other project staff.
- Manage project budget and resource allocation.
- Plan and schedule project timelines.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Quality assurance.
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all relevant colleagues.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Project evaluations and assessment of results.
- Work with the relevant functions at corporate to assure the team is meeting the requirements of the project under his responsibility.
- Travel when required.
- Engineer Diploma – with accreditation from the ASQ (advantage).
- Three (3)-five (5) year experience as a project manager or QA engineer, preferably as an automotive supplier.
- Write routine reports and correspondence and communicate effectively with suppliers, customers, and Arkal team members.
- Read and interpret documents such as APQP procedures and Arkal's manuals.
- At least five (5) years of experience in the Automotive Industry- including a good knowledge of the automotive standards such as ISO/TS 16949.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.