The Rescue/Transport Coordinator will work with the Shelter Director and staff to maximize the number of shelter animals that are re-homed.
To accomplish this responsibility, the Rescue/Transport Coordinator will maintain working relationships with rescue and transport partners, maintain required documentation for all rescues and transports, ensure that all requirements of transporters are met, train as a backup to the front desk staff, maintain the CARE – Companion Animal Rescue Effort Facebook page, generate invoices and collect payment from rescues, maintain the lost/found section of LCHS, respond to inquiries and messages about the rescue program in a polite and timely manner, and perform other duties as assigned. The coordinator will work closely with all managers and the Foster/Volunteer Coordinator in order to keep all communications of all animals open.
Anyone interested in this position should email a resume to email@example.com.
- Assist Shelter Director, Foster/Volunteer Coordinator, Kennel Manager and the Animal Health and Behavior Coordinator with weekly population assessment to ensure adequate space for transfers and appropriate breed and size selection, etc.
- Coordinate with source shelters on individual animals eligible for transfer by reviewing medical and behavior records, provide further dialogue as needed.
- Maintain transfer vehicle by performing regular maintenance and cleaning, re-stock vehicle as needed.
- Design, implement, and maintain various programs of the organization that relate to foster and transport.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and contracts related to programs.
- Continually assist the Foster/Volunteer Coordinator to recruit new volunteers and fosters, and rescue organizations to maintain viable and organized programs.
- Design systems to maintain accurate and easily retrievable records (e.g. electronic and/or paper).
- Responds courteously and promptly to calls, emails and social media messaging from program participants to resolve issues in a timely manner. This can require attention after normal business hours.
- Maintain transfer program statistics and reports monthly.
- Must have the ability to work individually as well as with a team.
- Demonstrates punctual, regular and reliable attendance.
- Attends meetings, conferences, workshops and training sessions.
- Completes required reports.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- One year experience in shelter operations or equivalent experience.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of animal health and behavior.
- Proficiency with similar or equivalent computer software relevant to this job description such as Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, Petfinder, ShelterLuv, etc.
- Knowledge of proper animal handling.
- Individual must be able to multi-task, have excellent verbal and written skills and needs to be self-motivated.
- A love of animals and people.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s licenses for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the safe and humane use of animal handling equipment.
- Desire to learn what you don’t already know and be open to new ideas.