The Outreach & Development Coordinator will work closely with the Board of Directors, its committees and the Shelter Director to plan and execute corporate, foundation, and individual donor charitable giving programs and coordinate community outreach programs. The Outreach & Development Coordinator is responsible for creating and implementing Lee County Humane Society’s (LCHS) fund-raising and community relations strategies by utilizing best practices that drive all fundraising, development, and outreach efforts of the organization including but not limited to: major gifts; large community events; donor cultivation and solicitation; foundation and corporate sponsorships; planned giving; and special projects fundraising.
The Outreach & Development Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Shelter Director. The person is responsible for directing and overseeing LCHS outreach and development activities and building community relationships for the organization. Work is evaluated by periodic checks for overall effectiveness and results achieved. Operational guidelines are set forth by the Shelter Director.
Anyone intersted should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Development / Fundraising:
- Develops, evaluates, and revises fund-raising strategies to meet the budgetary needs of LCHS.
- Raises operating revenue for the organization through new and established campaigns.
- Cultivates, solicits, and oversees charitable contributions from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Develops ongoing relationships in the local community with individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Develops fund-raising policies for approval through the Outreach and Development Committee.
- Works closely with Board of Directors, its committees, and Shelter Director to understand program funding needs.
- Submits regular fundraising reports to the Shelter Director.
- Leads the Outreach & Development Committee to plan, implement, and facilitate large community outreach events and activities.
- Coordinates the Outreach Ambassador program.
- Is responsible for overall management of fundraising and donor database.
- Produces or assists in producing marketing materials to support outreach and development efforts.
- In collaboration with the Shelter Director and the Outreach and Development Committee, creates and manages Fundraising and Contributions budgets.
- Will always keep current Google calendar for Shelter Director or Board of Directors.
- Will submit a weekly executive summary to the Shelter Director.
- Willingly and cooperatively performs other duties that may not be in specific job description.
- Supervise interns in Outreach & Development efforts, and volunteers in the Outreach Ambassador group.
- A Bachelor’s degree, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Preferred 2 years of experience in a non-profit environment, including fund raising management or related work experience.
- Large event planning and coordination skills.
- Innovative and effective fund-raising techniques.
- Ability to analyze revenue trends, explain results, and make recommendations.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Skill in interpersonal communications, making presentations, and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in operating standard office equipment.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently without daily hands-on supervision.
- Team leading skills and the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Publisher, ShelterLuv and databases).
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization.