The Collegiate Hotel is a luxury, 40-room boutique hotel in downtown Auburn, Alabama. The hotel is looking to immediately fill an opening for a Hotel Operations Manager. He/she should be highly focused, have excellent communication skills, be motivated and professional in appearance with a proven track record of building and maintaining relationships with internal teams and hotel guests.
This is a salaried position, with actual pay based on previous experience. This position has the opportunity to advance to the assistant general manager position.
To apply, click here.
- Fully responsible for all aspects of hotel operations; specifically, front desk, housekeeping and maintenance activities.
- Manage and support the head of housekeeping and front desk staff to ensure rooms and hotel areas are ready daily to receive and serve the guests.
- Conduct regular operations team meetings (HSKP and maintenance daily/front desk weekly/monthly to discuss routine operational matters, sales targets, guest feedback, staff issues, etc.)
- Ensure SOP implementation in all departments and check the same during routine operational checks.
- Manage hotel inventory for guest rooms, housekeeping and general hotel needs ensuring quality and par stock levels are current. This will be done in conjunction with housekeeping lead and GM.
- Managing hotel purchasing, ensuring accounts payable and receivable are reconciled monthly.
- Inspect all departments for SOP implementation, including for cleanliness, ambience, service readiness, staff grooming and hospitality culture.
- Assess and review customer satisfaction and service recovery process.
- Identify staff learning needs and assisting with development.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to all direct reports as and when required either formally or informally.
- Conduct weekly/daily meeting with marketing, sales and events to ensure alignment and preparedness for upcoming events and promotions.
- Work 40-60 hours weekly and available for game days, weekends and holidays.
- Be available on call 24 hours a day to resolve any urgent problems on emergencies.
- Responsible for the overall management of the operation of the hotel.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Minimum 3 to 4 years of manager work experience in a 3 to 5 Star Hotel is required.
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is preferred.
- Computer knowledge-- MS office.
- Experience in property management softwares- Revenue Management Systems desired.