The event coordinator at Grand National serves as the primary contact for all sales and public relations activies for the facility. This position works with the director of golf on developing a comprehensive marketing plan that will contribute to growth in every revenue category. Those categories specifically are rounds, green and cart fee revenues, merchandise sales and food and beverage revenues.
To apply, send a resume to Scott Gomberg at email@example.com.
- Understand facility budgets and the financial impact of your performance as it relates.
- Perform as a leader in the facility.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other department heads and team members.
- Work with other sites to share best practices and share potential prospects.
- Collaborate with professional golf event and venue staff to ensure successful execution of event and enhance sponsor relations.
- Work with facility staff to ensure efficient guest service and overall guest satisfaction.
- Lead and foster ideas from staff for promotions, events and round growth.
- Responsible for achieving annual budgeted sales goals and for monitoring business volume.
- Maintain SharePoint with updated schedule of events, meeting room activity and all related financial information in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain accurate files on all group events. Files to include notes from all communication, golf contract, tournament merchandise and banquet event orders.
- Find and contact prospective outing clients to generate rounds and incremental revenue related to such events (green and cart fees, merchandise, food and beverage, golf instruction).
- Provide consultation for local businesses and charities on how to conduct profitable golf events.
- Develop and implement a schedule of events completed on a timeline basis that focuses on in-house events, vendor demo days, promotions and membership events. Plan should be revisited frequently and adjusted as needed.
- Develop and maintain local database to promote all club events utilizing Constant Contact.
- Oversees preparation of monthly member newsletter with input given by each department.
- Oversee Social Media Marketing including frequent postings (Facebook & Twitter).
- Network with community partners including, but not limited to: Chamber of Commerce, local tourism councils, governmental agencies, civic clubs, local corporate executives, business leaders, and media contacts.
- Develop a strong working relationship with all local media representatives including sportscasters and writers. This should include regular site visits, phone calls and accompanied golf rounds.
- Attend and represent the facility at trade shows.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in sales and marketing, public relations, hospitality or related field is preferred.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills, along with the ability to coordinate details and prioritize the work on a daily and weekly basis.
- Knowledge of game of golf preferred.