The assistant store manager will embody the same spirit as the store manager, but will bear a little less responsibility. This person is enthusiastic, energetic, loves all things book and bookish and is comfortable leading an excellent staff to even greater excellence. This person is a great team player, willing to both lead a local team and be a critical component in the larger organization. On top of it all, this person is kind, warm and hard working.
To apply, click here.
The assistant store manager will do all the things a bookseller does, plus serve as the primary point of contact when the store manager is not in the store.
- Lead the team when the store manager is not in the store.
- Perform open/close tasks per guidelines.
- Resolve customer issues as necessary.
- Manage unexpected situations (like facility issues).
- Provide excellent customer service in-store, on the phone, at off-site events and online.
- Maintain tidiness of store including bathroom, lobby and front sidewalk.
- Alphabetize constantly.
- Stock and restock as necessary.
- Place special orders.
- Participate in store training programs and staff meetings.
- Set up for events.
- Write book reviews to be used in-store and on industry sites.
- Take pictures of events.
- Wrap gifts, stamp bags and things of that nature.