Afni is looking to hire an onboarding specialist who is reponsible for the coordination and completion of all aspects of the onboarding experience for new hires. The onboarding specialist is the candidate's "go-to" from the moment they are offered a position until their first day of work at Afni.
This employee is responsible for the final stage of the recruitment process, including the management of the requistion process, extending offers and initiating background checks. This person also helps in providing a high-quality candidate experience and ensures the new hires have a smooth and consistent transition into their roles. The onboarding specialists serves an important role beyond guiding new hires; they will partner with fellow HR team members and the entire talent acquisition team to support the mutual goal of connecting talent with opportunities.
The onboarding specialist must maintain confidentiality around sensitive personal information and act within accordance of HR hiring practices and agreements Afni has in place with its clients.
To apply, click here.
Candidate requisitions and offers: 50% of work time
- Manage the job requisition process (open and close hiring requisitions) and monitor for compliance.
- Extend job offers
- Move candidates to hire requisition.
- Determine training and production schedules and record on training spreadsheet.
- Build offer letter.
- Initiate pre-employment background checks and drug testing as appropriate.
- Collect and process new-hire onboarding documentation.
- Review on-line welcome site and assist in answering candidate questions.
- Use the applicant tracking system (ADP) to appropriately and accurately track candidate progress in the applicant tracking system as they progress through the hiring process.
- Plan and execute successful recruitment events supporting targeted needs of the organization (career fairs, realistic job previews, etc.).
- Plan and execute successful community engagement events targeted at building the Afni brand and building community partnerships.
Candidate backgrounds: 15% of work time
- Provide general support to the background specialists regarding background processes, including background checks and drug testing.
- Assist with audits to ensure office locations adhere to all client account requirements.
Reporting and support: 10% of work time
- Attend staffing calls to ensure proper confirmation of training & transition schedules.
- Complete daily recruiting report for assigned hiring requisitions.
- Create and maintain detailed class lists for every new hire class.
- Initiate ID requests to ensure new hire class has systems access.
- Check UltiPro for employee number.
- Utilize SMS to nurture candidates and ensure Section 1 Required is completed prior to start.
- Partner with training and operations to develop creative recruitment and retention strategies for open positions and in anticipation of future workforce planning needs.
Onboarding - Day 1: 25% of work time
- Welcome new employees and engage with them through the initial day one onboarding (escort to training room, introduce to Afni leadership, introduce to Trainer, answer questions, etc.).
- Ensure that the new employee experience on day one is "best in class" by working with training, operations and human resources to develop a standard onboarding procedure that evaluates and measures the success of the new hire onboarding experience.
- Partner with training and operations to ensure a smooth and seamless transition for new hires from day one to the production floor.
- Make copies of I9 documentation and check for I9 Section 1 completion.
- Properly manage requisition:
- Terminating employees that did not start.
- Complete final status changes..
- Sign in sheet sent to business partners
- Update new hire task tracker.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One or more years of recruiting in a fast-paced environment, or equivalent experience.
- Previous Applicant Tracking (ATS) and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of current hiring laws and guidelines.
- Ability to work independently and interact well within a team environment.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner and work to deliver quality service.
- Consistently demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate effective problem solving, decision-making and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all organizational levels in a dynamic, fast-paced, high pressure environment.