The business ervices consultant is responsible for a wide variety of tasks such as payroll processing, sales and payroll tax return preparation, data entry and financial statement preparation. This position will also assist the accounting staff with bookkeeping and year-end work papers on various clients when needed. The business services consultant reports to the partner group and client services department head.
This position may requre 1/2 day Saturday work during peak tax season and/or may required overtime hours during tax seas.
To apply, click here.
- Preparation of payroll returns with related tax deposits and liability payments.
- Preparation of sales and/or use tax returns.
- Perform review of client maintained books.
- Preparation of financial statements.
- Bookkeeping and data entry.
- Preparation of W2 and 1099 forms.
- Setup and training of accounting software for clients.
- Assist clients in self-preparation of payroll or tax forms.
- Perform other specific tasks for clients (ex. unclaimed prop, business license).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to budget time and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent understanding, comprehension, and ability to articulate bookkeeping and payroll procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Proficiency in use of computers and ability to learn various computer programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good typing skills.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks.
- Be able to learn new software.
- Be able to multi task.